Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Hello everyone, and welcome to my new Blog. What is a blog you ask? I asked myself that same question earlier today when I was surfing the net, but more on that later. This blog will be a mish-mash of all kinds of different things. One day it might be a journal of the events in my day. Another day it might be my rants and/or raves of a website that I found. And another day it might be my thoughts about an article in Scientific American that I read. Who knows what it will be, I'll keep you guessing. I hope some of you find my thoughts interesting, and if you do, I hope you will come back. For everyone else, thank you for at least giving me a chance and checking this out. This is a new thing for me and hopefully will evolve into something very fun and informative for everyone(including myself.) If, by some rare chance, you find this interesting enough to link to or mention, let me know, I want to see :).

Ok, now on how I got here. I got an e-mail newsletter from a new website that I found last week, www.howstuffworks.com, and I saw something interesting. "How Blogs Work" I think to myself, "What in the world is a blog?" So I printed out the article and read it while watching Conan. Now I'm not going to try to explain what blogs are since I barely know myself, so I will send you to the article that I found so you can find out for yourself. Maybe you'll even make your own, if you haven't already. How Blogs Work Now I am a very big computer "freak." I pride myself in knowing quite a bit about computers. There isn't a lot of things on the internet or about computers that I haven't at least heard of. So when I heard about blogs today I was taken aback about how big they are and how I haven't even heard of them yet.

Well, this was my first blog, I hope you like it and I hope you all come back.

DAN

No comments:

nancies.org